The Virtues of fasting in Shaban
The month of Shaaban is here!
And you should try your best to fast as much as you can this month.
1. Your deeds are shown to Allah in this month.
“It is a month in which the deeds are taken up to the Lord of the worlds, and I like that my deeds be taken up when I am fasting.”
2. The Prophet used to love fasting this month.
“The most beloved of months for the Messenger of Allah ﷺ to fast in was Sha’ban”.
3. The Prophet used to fast frequently this month.
I never saw the Messenger of Allah fasting for an entire month except in Ramadan, and I never saw him fast more than he did in Sha’ban.”
4. Fasting this month is a neglected Sunnah.
“That is a month occurring between Rajab and Ramadan that many people neglect”
“Whoever revives a Sunnah from my Sunnah and the people practice it, will have the same reward of those who practice it without their reward diminishing”
(Sunan ibn Maajah)
5. Fasting this month will prepare you for Ramadan.
Fasting the month of Shaban can serve as your training for Ramadan, both spiritually and physically.
Oh Allah allow us to reach Ramadan.